Ladies, how many times have you looked into your closet and thought, “I have nothing to wear.”?
If you hear yourself uttering this statement more often than not, you have a dysfunctional closet. It is probably missing several key pieces that allow you to easily transition from one outfit to the next. It’s time to stop the insanity and get a functional closet. It’s truly amazing the number of outfits that can be made when these ten items rest in your wardrobe: at least thirty-two different combinations.
1. Black Suit – Purchase at least one basic two to three button black jacket with either matching black skirt or black pants.
2. White Dress Skirt – This is an important closet staple and can be both trendy (wear underneath your favorite t-shirt) and classic (wear with a business suit).
3. Plain Black Pumps – Make sure your closet has at least one pair of one to two-inch plain black pumps that takes you from the office to dinner.
4. The Perfect Jeans – Every closet must have at least one pair of great fitting jeans. Two are even better.
5. Black Dress – MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!
6. Three Spandex T-shirts – Purchase three cotton/spandex shirts in the following colors: black, white, and another, brighter color (that suits you well). These shirts help stretch your closet and are perfect for layering as well as wearing alone.
7. Tote Bag – A good tote bag serves double duty as a briefcase during the week and a shopping bag on the weekend.
8. Sneakers – You’ll need one pair of sneakers that can be worn both for workouts and casual activities like shopping.
9. Trench Coat – A classic trench coat can be worn as an all-weather coat and a dress.
10. Brown Pants – A weekend staple, chino-style pants add diversity to your outfits.
Take these 10 must-haves in consideration. They truly help!!!