1) Create a ‘to buy’ list and don’t veer off into the makeup department no matter how much that new Dior lipstick is calling your name.
2) Wear proper undergarments and shoes for a good view of your outfit.
3) Shop mornings – it’s less crowded, the merchandise is tidy, and the sales associates are fresh.
4) Look for the most important item on your list first, while you are bright and alert AND before lunch. (Definitely buy swimsuits and lingerie BEFORE lunch).
5) Follow your Intuition – if you have to talk yourself into it, it’s not right, so pass.
6) Always check for quality workmanship no matter whose name is on the label. Even some of the top designers have poor workmanship. This I know for a fact.
7) Buy classics – for special occasions so you’re not caught short – last minute shopping begets bad color and fit.
8) Check stores return policy- and use it, rather than settle.
9) Never, ever shop when you are hungry and tired. Bad decisions are made on an empty stomach and when you are fatigued! I sure have made some myself when I was tired…